Job Opening: Program AssociateJune 7, 2018
PeaceTech Accelerator, Washington, D.C.
Start Date: July 9th
The PeaceTech Accelerator is a unique partnership between C5 Accelerate, Amazon Web Services, SAP NS2 and the PeaceTech Lab, which seeks to rapidly and sustainably scale enterprises using technology to build more peaceful and sustainable communities worldwide.
Housed in the United States of Peace in Washington D.C., the PeaceTech Accelerator is an intensive eight week program that supports startups in customer acquisition, business development, investment readiness, and all other aspects of “scaling up”, especially through the cloud.
C5 Accelerate (“C5”) is a London-, Washington, D.C., and Bahrain-based venture capital firm. Its mission is to fast-track start-up entities to capture growth opportunities through AWS, the world’s leading cloud computing platform.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Program Associate to support the operations of the PeaceTech Accelerator.
The exact composition of the role will vary throughout the year, depending on whether the program is in session or out of session.
The management of the office is fully the Program Associate’s responsibility, while the program and external relations support is at the discretion of his or her line manager. The below tasks illustrate how the candidates time might be structured:
30% Program Support
• Contribute to C5 Accelerate’s local investor and institutional network through proactive business development and outreach
• Drive dealflow by conducting research on potential accelerator candidates and interviewing applicants to assess suitability for the program
• Conduct due diligence on participating start up companies
• Distribute quarterly surveys to graduated start ups to track their progress; collect and clean any data related to program intervention
30% External Relations Support
• Write blog posts to grow C5 Accelerate SEO and brand awareness
• Create social media content for C5 Accelerate’s US based accounts
• Support CRM management and design
• Assist event planning and orchestration
40% Operational Management
• Ensure compliance with USIP’s security protocols
• Monitor program finances
• Provide office and administrative support
The Program Associate role is an opportunity to grow your global network and to learn how venture capital operates in the international development space from the ground up.
The team behind the PeaceTech Accelerator is small, fast moving and entrepreneurial. As a result, the desired candidate will learn quickly and communicate effectively while supporting a broad range of projects.
We’re looking for someone who is impact-driven and collaborative. Moreover, he or she can meet tight deadlines, write effectively, and demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Demonstrated interest in venture capital or in peace building and conflict resolution is preferred, as are proficiency in Microsoft Office, Insightly, and Adobe Illustrator.
A university degree is required.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package to email@example.com consisting of:
1. Cover letter
3. A writing sample
Application Deadline: June 20th