C5 Welcomes 10 Startups to Peacetech Accelerator Cohort 4June 5, 2018
Startups will work to sustainably scale over the next eight-weeks through intensive mentorship and training
WASHINGTON, D.C.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–C5, the investment specialist firm investing into cybersecurity, artificial intelligence and cloud, announces today that ten startups have entered its PeaceTech Accelerator in Washington, D.C. The Accelerator is housed at the iconic United States Institute of Peace building on the National Mall.
In collaboration with Amazon Web Services, PeaceTech Lab and SAP NS2, C5 established the world’s first Peacetech Accelerator to scale startups on the cloud and solve problems relating to peace, stability and security worldwide. Startups are supported by a highly-experienced group of prominent international technology entrepreneurs, business leaders, investors and peace innovators.
The fourth cohort comprises impact entrepreneurs from Lagos, Nairobi, Buenos Aires, New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. working across data analytics, fintech, cybersecurity, IoT, and AI verticals.
Ron Moultrie, Chairman of C5, U.S., said, “It has been a pleasure working with peace technology entrepreneurs over the past 3 cohorts and the incoming cohort holds immense promise. We believe some of the most imminent national security problems can be solved through the innovative minds of entrepreneurs.”
Eva-Maria Dimitriadis, COO of C5 Accelerate, said, “We’ve graduated 18 startups at the PeaceTech Accelerator since launching in April 2017. After another competitive round of applications, we are thrilled to welcome ten more impact ventures to the program. These entrepreneurs are tackling large-scale issues around the UN Sustainable Development Goals and are on a mission to create a more sustainable future.”
Further details of the cohort companies are available below.
Cohort 4 runs from June 4 – July 27 and the next program will begin in September. Applications to the PeaceTech Accelerator can be found here.
Cohort 4 Companies:
- 3DS Technologies (Kenya): Africa’s premier technology, software and services company specializing in digitization of documents, database management, data fusion and data analysis for enterprises.
- Agromovil (U.S.): An app-enabled B2B solution combing on-demand transport and mobile payments to get more crops to market across the developing world.
- DropQue (Nigeria): Africa’s first interactive and intelligent talent application which uses crisp candidate profiles, unassisted video interviews and emotional/facial analysis to help companies find talent faster than ever.
- HighSide (U.S.): Securing internal team communications and file sharing layers to reduce business risk.
- Neuralys (U.S.): Empowers teams to manage cybersecurity effortlessly by enforcing accountability, orchestrating security tools and creating mitigation strategies.
- Pinkaloo (U.S.): Modernizing charitable giving through a white-label Venmo for managing donations.
- Sou Sou (U.S.): A customer relationship management (CRM) platform for the financial industry to help people save more, build strong credit and attract loans.
- Suavei (U.S.): Formed by a team of seasoned cybersecurity experts that believe securing the growing army of IoT devices is both feasible and an imperative to prevent massive socio-economic losses.
- TaQadam (U.S.): Making visual data AI ready by providing image data management and annotation-as-a-service.
- Video Volunteers (U.S./India): Empowering citizen journalists to make a real change.
C5 Capital Limited (“C5”) is a family capital-backed technology investment firm focused on innovating security. C5 is a specialist investor in cyber security, cloud computing and artificial intelligence. Headquartered in London, C5 also has offices in Washington, Munich, Luxembourg and Bahrain.
C5 Accelerate has launched two Accelerator programs alongside Amazon Web Services in Bahrain and Washington, D.C. Its mission is to accelerate and invest in best-of-breed startups to meet the growth opportunity being created by the geographic expansion of AWS, the world’s leading cloud computing platform. www.c5accelerate.com